CIMA Mock Exam Resources
The key to passing any CIMA exam is to master the mock exams before you sit the real thing. It’s no use accumulating all of the theory behind the exam if you haven’t taken several mock exams in the lead up to exam day.
This statement rings true for the objective tests and case study exams.
You must really push yourself to take mock exams in test conditions so you are well prepared on the day.
CIMA Case Study Mock Exams
The case study exams require a range of knowledge and skills and none more so than being able to digest the unseen material in the exam and answering the questions in the time available.
Here is a short overview of the FREE case study exam resources.
- CIMA offer exam practice direct with Pearson VUE here.
- Astranti offer a FREE mini-mock case study exam that takes 90 minutes to complete and replicates the real scenario you will be facing (see picture below).
If you have any additional resources please mention in the comments below for other students to follow.
Tutor Feedback and Exam Marking
The free resources offer a good starting point but I found, when passing the OCS exam in November 2015, that the feedback from a CIMA expert tutor was invaluable and ensured I had an impartial view (and detailed feedback) when marking my mock exams.
Here are the steps I took when sitting the OCS.
- I refreshed my knowledge on the syllabus areas that would examined. Ensuring I was comfortable with the key models from P1, E1 and F1.
- I took the three Astranti Mock Exams with tutor feedback that are based on the actual pre-seen material you will be using the exam.
- A week after sending my mock exam answers to Astranti I received a fully marked document with 9 pages of feedback (see sample below).
- It’s a brilliant way to identify your weaknesses as well as gaining confidence you are on the right track. In fact one of the questions in the mock exam actually came in my OCS variant in November.
If you want to follow the same path you can find the Astranti resources below.
Operational Case Study: OCS Mock Exams
Management Case Study: MCS Mock Exams
Strategic Case Study: SCS Mock Exams
[note: this blog entry was written in 2017]
Pingback: 10 CIMA Exam Revision Tips | the cima student