CIMA Case Study: Industry Analysis
Students who want to pass their CIMA case study exam will need to develop their knowledge and understanding of the underlying industry. It’s been highlighted in many of the examiners report that students had a basic (if any) knowledge or current industry conditions and failed to apply them to the case study exam.
Personally, it also helps me understand the scenario better if I can relate it to real life situations rather than a fictitious company CIMA has developed for the exam.
Here you can find a insight on the industry for each level of the upcoming CIMA case study exams in November 2016.
OCS: Marici Power
- What is the industry history behind Solar Power?
- What are the current industry trends?
- Who are the biggest players in the market?
- What are the biggest selling products for Solar Power companies?
Here are a few useful links and resources on the solar power industry.
You can find the full industry analysis video on Marici Power here.
- Who are the biggest players in the telecommunications market?
- What are their best selling products and why?
- What are the industry forecasts?
- Can you give some real-life industry examples?
The industry analysis for the MCS exam: Portafone will, in effect, cover more than ONE industry. You will have to think of the hardware and software for mobile phones.
So mobile handsets as well as the network and telecommunications industry. If you’re still struggling to get to grips with it all, the Astranti video below will give some more focus.
You can find the full industry analysis video on Portafone here.
SCS: ADF – Anderson Dairy Farms
- What is the history of dairy farming?
- How has it advanced with technology and mechnisation?
- What are the latest market trends in dairy farming?
- How have supermarkets impacted the industry?
The SCS case study exam focuses on the historic industry of dairy farming, so there is plenty of information out there. Here are a few links and resources you might find useful.
You can find the full industry analysis video on ADF here.