CIMA Nov 18 Case Studies: Top 10 Issues
CIMA November 2018 Case Studies
The November 2018 CIMA case studies will begin in around four weeks with the OCS scenario of GymFit. With the November case study session finishing just over two weeks later with the SCS scenario of Novak Pharmaceuticals.
Students taking the exams next month should be well in their exam preparation and have made extensive motes and analysis on the pre-seen materials.
Now you should be drawing your focus on the most likely issues that will come up on exam day.
The benefits of understanding the so called “Top 10 Issues”
- Gives you a focus for your final weeks of study.
- Provides an insight to the syllabus that could appear in your exam variant.
- Boosts confidence ahead of the exam.
- A useful tool for brainstorming about the case study scenario.
- Can generate discussion between yourself and other students – do they have a different opinion on the issues?
If you are struggling to digest all of the pre-seen materials and draw your own conclusions from the materials you have, then use the videos below as a way to get the ball rolling and start thinking about the main issues with your respective case study as use it as a source of focus for the next couple of weeks.
Final Weeks of CIMA Case Study Preparation
Not only should you be digging into the top 10 issues and most likely examinable topics, but you should be practicing your exam technique and have a strategy on how you answer your questions.
Exam Answer Planning
I would recommend that you plan your answers before jumping straight into answering the question in your case study exam.
When passing my OCS and MCS exams first time – I used to spend 8-10 minutes reading the question and planning my answer on the exam script with brief bullet points and my structure of the answer and what I wanted to cover.
Here is a summary on how I approached answering case study questions.
- Identify the questions requirements.
- Make headings and sub headings on your answer script.
- Add relevant points relating to pre-seen and new materials.
- Finish your answer by drawing conclusions and give reasons why you have come to your conclusion.
- Don’t forget ethics!! (where relevant – don’t include it for the sake of it)
Here are the Top 10 Issue videos for the November exams.
CIMA OCS Nov 18: Top 10 Issues
You can find the full set of videos on GymFit here.
CIMA MCS Nov 18: Top 10 Issues
You can find the full set of videos on Grapple here.
CIMA SCS Nov 18: Top 10 Issues
You can find the full set of videos on Novak Pharmaceuticals here.