Reflection can be just as important as preparation when it comes to passing CIMA exams – whether it’s an objective test or a case study, analysing where you went wrong and how to correct it for future sittings is invaluable.
CIMA Exam Results – Case Study Exams
Next up are the case study exams which have a familiar feel to them as you have to wait 6-8 weeks before you receive your result. A reminder of the old 2010 syllabus!
But once you receive your results you should analyse the feedback as it’s a useful tool to learn from – even if you have passed the exam – it’s still valuable to see what areas you excelled in (Strong) or areas you just passed (Moderate).
CIMA Case Study Results Example
Here is what to expect when checking your case study results.
- There are five areas that are marked in the case study exams and all areas need to be marked as Moderate or higher.
- You can see above the Technical Skills element (which makes up the bulk of the exam) has been marked as Moderate but still gives you a reminder that you can improve in certain areas.
- I would suggest to review the performance feedback even if you have passed the exam – as it acts as a reminder that areas can still be improved on (unless you aced the whole exam!).
The below video from CIMA is a good watch and explains how the case study results work.
Finally, I would recommend visiting the following link here – which is the Exam Information homepage on the CIMA connect website and gives you tons of useful links and explanations on the whole examination process.
If you have any advice or tips please feel free to leave them in the comments section below. Happy Studying and Good Luck!!
Astranti Case Study Course with Pass Guarantee
If you have failed a CIMA case study exam then you should consider the full Astanti case study courses that come with a PASS GUARANTEE.
You can find full details on the OCS, MCS or SCS May 2020 courses below:
Astranti Case Study Course Contents:
- OCS/MCS/SCS study text (part 1 and 2)
- Pre-seen analysis (video and text)
- Strategic analysis (video and text)
- Top 10 issues (video and text)
- Industry analysis (video and text)
- 2 x online master classes – each class is a full day revision (recorded and live)
- 3 x online mock exams – answered with detailed tutor feedback
- Ethics pack
- Personal advice and guidance
CIMA Exam Results – Objective Tests
One of the advantages of the new CIMA objective tests is the fact you get a “Pass” or a “Fail” grade as soon you finish the computer based exam. Then, 48 hours later you will receive an email confirmation that you can find the full breakdown of how you measured up against each area of the syllabus.
However, it’s important to realise that you will see the scaled score (from 0 – 150) and not a percentage mark. Which I think is a bit strange as CIMA tell you need 70% to pass the Objective tests but yet you don’t get to see the % score out of 100.
Nevertheless, the scaled score is still a useful indicator on how you fared in the exam. I believe that a scaled score over 100 equates to a pass mark although you also need to be proficient in each area of the syllabus too.
CIMA Objective Test Results Example
Below is an example of what you will see when logging in to your CIMA account to view your results.
- You can see that the “Not Proficient” comment was applied to the Financial Reporting area of the exam.
- Moreover, CIMA provide you with specific areas of the syllabus which you need to focus based on your answers in exam day.
- This a key piece of information and should be used as a focus for your revision on the resit.
For further information on how the CIMA Objective Tests are marked and what to expect you should watch the video below.