CIMA Objective Test Courses
The CIMA objective tests are the meat on the bones of the CIMA qualification and you will need to pass nine objective tests in total (plus three case studies) to become fully qualified so it’s imperative you find the right resources for you.
Astranti offer a comprehensive package of materials for each CIMA objective test, so whether you starting your life as a CIMA student, or you’re looking for a new learning provider I would suggest taking a look at what they have to offer.
Astranti CIMA Objective Course Content
Well, the objective test courses are packed with materials and resources to ensure you have the sufficient knowledge and enough mock exam practice to achieve the pass mark required. Whether it’s the operational level,the management level, or the final strategic level of the CIMA syllabus, the core content of the Astranti CIMA objective test resources remain the same.
Here’s a breakdown of the complete package.
- Study Text – printable and online version for full study text for the objective test your require. It gives simple explanations and understanding and, I would say, is lighter than the wordy BPP text.
- Chapter Revision Questions – after every chapter there is a set of revision questions that gives you the chance to cement the knowledge learnt from the study text.
- 3 x Online Mock Exams – each mock exam contains 60 challenging questions taken from all areas of the syllabus. Detailed feedback is provided so you can learn from your mistakes and understand where you went wrong.
- Tuition Videos – around 10-13 hours of tuition videos come with most of the objective test course, this is great for students who need that visual aid and “class-room” feel of learning.
- CIMA Revision Master Classes – over 10 hours of pre-recorded master classes for your choose subject. The purpose of these master classes is to reinforce the knowledge you already have as well giving some key exam tips on how to pass CIMA exams.
- Tutor Support – the course provides a tutor monitored forum that allows access for students to ask questions and seek further clarity on questions or topics they are not sure of.
Tuition Video Preview
Below is an example of the CIMA F1 tuition video you can expect when enrolling on the full objective course.
- There are around 13 hours of videos available!
- Recorded by a professional and experience tutor.
Master Class Video Preview
Meanwhile, here is a sneak preview of the master class video on the CIMA F1 syllabus – the master classes are the perfect way to consolidate your knowledge and pick up some handy hints for passing CIMA objective tests.
Full CIMA Objective Courses
You can find the full CIMA objective test courses from Astranti below and if they are not to your liking, then they offer a full 7 day money back guarantee.
Operational OT Courses – covers the E1, F1 and P1 CIMA papers on the operational level
Management OT Courses – the E2, F2 and P2 CIMA papers on the management level.
Strategic OT Courses – includes the E3, F3 and P3 CIMA papers on the strategic level.
I’m a keen user of the Astranti materials as they helped me pass the CIMA operational case study at the first time of asking last year – you can read about that here.
I also used their materials also for my latest F2 exam (which I failed – you can also read about that here) but I only used their study text and mock exams, so I would definitely encourage people to use ALL of the materials available to give yourself the best possible chance of passing your exams – I’m hoping their master class videos for F2 will be give me that bit extra needed to pass my re-sit exam.
Unfortunately, for Astranti they are known as being great for Case Study resources and tuition, but not very good for the Operational tests. I took a F1 mini mock one time and the questions were worded very differently than any other tuition provider. With the other tuition providers their questions reflected pretty much what came up in the exam.
That’s an interesting comment, Will. I can see what you mean as I think Astranti are brilliant when it comes to case study materials. Really comprehensive. Their study texts are “different” when compared to Kaplan and BPP – not as technical.
But im going to try the F2 masterclass videos from Astranti before taking my resit at the end of the month. I’m hoping that will help me over the line!
Although I also purchased the Kaplan exam kit for F2 as well as I feel the questions in there are really close to what you will see in the exam.
I think that it all depends on your learning technique but from experience I haven’t found any provider to be better than Kaplan. Unfortunately, their prices reflect their content quality and are probably the most expensive on the market.
I managed to begin revising for F1 on the 1st May and then sit the exam on the 31st and pass. I revised independently but then attended a Kaplan F1 revision course for 2 Saturdays which was a huge help as any theory that I was unsure on was explained in detail and the tests were given to us on tablets so we could get a feel for the actual day and exam.
As I learn more for answering questions this studying technique definitely was the best for me and I hope to continue to follow this up and apply it to P1 too.
CIMAstudent I love your work here – keep it up! I’m sure it is inspiring many.
Thanks for the positive comments Neha! Much appreciated.
And I think having a combination of materials can work well. For example; use the free study text from Astranti, the Kaplan exam kit’s and if you need more resources then try the tuition videos or masterclass videos from Astranti. There are also lots of videos on youtube for different subjects too in CIMA.
Also, never forget to check the CIMAconnect site for technical articles and past questions – a great free resource!
Pingback: MCS and SCS Exam Results | the cima student
Pingback: CIMA OCS May 2017: Exam Results | the cima student
Hi All, I registered today and am looking for advice on which study materials to use for the operational level, I am torn between the Kaplan Essential Package and the CIMA Study Prime. Does anyone know the difference between these two? And which would you recommend? Thanks in advance.